St. Petersburg, Florida Car Accident Lawyers
If you have been in an auto accident, there will be a lot of people coming to you with questions and requesting statements or other information. In some cases, the people who want to talk to you may not have your best interests in mind. It is important to know what to do in the hours and days after an accident without compromising your rights.
At the law firm of Karikas & Kasaris, P.A., we represent clients throughout the Tampa Bay area in a variety of car accident cases. We dedicate our entire practice to personal injury law. Our attorneys have combined experience of more than 60 years in the practice of law and we know what it takes to help you reach a positive result in your case.
What to Do After an Accident
The following is a brief summary of what to do after you’ve been involved in a car accident:
- Call 911 and do not leave the scene.
- Find out if anyone is injured. If so, request an ambulance.
- Leave vehicles where they came to rest unless it is unsafe to do so or they are blocking traffic. If possible, photograph scene and vehicles before moving them. Use your flashers, flares or flashlights to warn oncoming drivers.
- Cooperate with the police and provide them a complete and true statement of how the accident occurred. Obtain a copy of any preliminary police reports or Driver’s Exchange of Information.
- Make sure to obtain the name, address, phone number, and drivers license number of any drivers, passengers, and witnesses and license plate number of all vehicles involved.
- Write down a description of all other vehicles involved in the accident including make, model, color, and year.
- Write down any statement made by the other driver and do not discuss the accident with the other driver.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company or sign anything. Instead, consult your attorney or call Karikas & Kasaris, P.A., at 727-323-4533 for advice and representation.
Call for a Free Consultation
Contact our office today to discuss your auto accident questions. We will give you an honest assessment of your case and help you understand your legal options. There are no fees or costs unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You can reach us by phone at 727-323-4533, toll-free at 866-FALDOWN (866-325-3696) or via e-mail.